What is the Invisalign System?
The Invisalign System is a virtually invisible treatment that uses an innovative approach to gently yet effectively straighten your teeth.
Through a series of custom-made removable aligners made with unique SmartForce technology, the Invisalign system gradually and predictably moves your teeth to your desired position.
How does the Invisalign System work?:
- Initially, your Invisalign-trained doctor will take photos, X-rays, and digital scans or a dental impression to help create your treatment plan.
- The maker of Invisalign clear aligners will then use these records, along with the treatment prescribed by your doctor to create a customised 3D treatment plan just for you. With the treatment plan, you'll be able to see the final position your teeth are predicted to reach after treatment. This treatment plan is used to develop your customised aligners and also estimate the likely length of your treatment.
- The customised aligners will be manufactured and shipped to your doctor's office.
- Your series of custom-made aligners will be given to you (typically 3-4 sets at a time) for you to wear every day and change them at home approximately every 2 weeks.
- You'll be visiting your Invisalign-trained doctor approximately every 6-8 weeks to monitor the progress of your treatment and receive the next series of aligners.
- After you've finished your Invisalign aligner treatment, you may need to use retainers to help make sure the new position of your teeth is maintained.